Mr. Miller has had years of experience in hotel development, financing and operations. In addition, his practice has included developing major office and condominium buildings as well as corporate law, insurance law and trust law.
Mr. Miller has been listed in “Best Lawyers in America,” “Who’s Who in American Law,” “Who’s Who in America” and “Who’s Who in the World.” He has served as board member and president of the Board of Visitors of the University of Illinois Law School. He also served on the DePaul Law School Advisors Council and Northwestern Law School’s Institute for International Human Rights. Mr. Miller is chair of the Advisory Board of the Illinois ACLU. He was board chair of the Chicago chapter of the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law and is a lifetime trustee of that organization’s national board. He is the recipient of the Chicago chapter’s first Award for Lifetime Achievement in Civil Rights, and in 2003 the national body of the Lawyer’s Committee honored Mr. Miller with a Special Recognition Award. In 2002, Mr. Miller was inducted as one of eight awardees as a Laureate of the Academy of Illinois Lawyers at the Illinois State Bar Association’s 125th Anniversary celebration. He is also the recipient of the ABA’s Pickering Award, the Illinois ACLU’s Rothschild Award and the American Constitution Society’s Chicago Legal Legends Award.
- Prepared and filed all forms pertaining to initial public offering for a large Chicago media conglomerate.
- Developed hotels in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Aruba and Surinam for two international hotel chains.
- Redeveloped hotels in Hawaii for a major hotel chain.
- Served as counsel for a large insurance company
- Served as counsel for two school boards.
- B.S., University of Illinois, Business, 1953.
- L.L.B., University of Illinois Law School, 1955.
Member of the Board of Editors for the University of Illinois Law Forum
- Admitted to the Illinois Bar, 1955; New York Bar, 1960.
- Journalist in the U.S. Army, 1955-1957.
- Practiced in New York City, 1958-1961.
- Associate with this firm, 1961-1965; became a partner in 1965.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Chicago Council of Lawyers
- Board member and former Chicago Chair, Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Director of the DC-based National Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Board member, Isaac Ray Center, the law and psychiatry affiliate of Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Member, Advisory Board of Northwestern University Law School’s Institute for International Human Rights
- Pro Bono Senior Counsel, Center for Disability and Elder Law
- Convener and moderator of the “Public Affairs Roundtable” which features a variety of prominent discussion leaders.
- “Creating The Public Affairs Roundtable,” Ronald, S. Miller, Experience Magazine, 2009.