Ms. Dawson has experience representing clients in federal and state court. Her cases have included corporate disputes, class actions, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud matters. Ms. Dawson also has experience defending attorneys and law firms in legal malpractice disputes. Additionally, Ms. Dawson has represented clients in several complex high net worth divorce cases.
- Represented client in dispute regarding breach of fiduciary duties and control of closely held entities.
- Defended national law firms in legal malpractice cases arising from corporate transactions, intellectual property litigation and secured lending.
- Represented attorneys and law firm in defense of civil RICO claims.
- Represented plaintiff class in federal civil rights class action challenging the Illinois same-sex marriage ban.
- Represented clients in complex divorce proceedings at the trial and appellate level.
- Defended national food manufacturer in breach of contract dispute brought in federal court.
- B.A., State University of New York at Binghamton, Economics, 2009.
Graduated summa cum laude
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 2013.
- Admitted to the Illinois Bar, 2013.
- Analyst in Securities Operations at Goldman Sachs & Co., New York, 2009-2010.
- Summer associate with Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, New York, 2012.
- Associate with this firm, 2013.
- Admitted to the bars of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Auxiliary Board, Chicago Youth Centers, 2014