Ms. Schwartz practices in federal and state court. She has represented clients in cases involving claims of legal malpractice, partnership disputes, and civil rights violations.
- Defended large national law firm against legal malpractice action.
- Represented law firm in a dispute concerning a member’s withdrawal liability.
- Represented client who alleged malicious prosecution and false arrest in federal court.
- A.B., Princeton University, Anthropology with a Certificate in French Language and Culture, 2008.
Graduated summa cum laude
Varsity Women’s Lightweight Rowing
- J.D., The University of Chicago, 2014.
Graduated with honors
Executive Topics & Comments Editor of The University of Chicago Law Review
- Admitted to the Illinois Bar, 2014.
- Law clerk to the Hon. Matthew F. Kennelly, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2014-2015.
- Law clerk to the Hon. Richard A. Posner, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2015-2016.
- Admitted to the bars of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- “‘Super Contacts’: Invoking Aiding-and-Abetting Jurisdiction to Hold Foreign Nonparties in Contempt of Court,” The University of Chicago Law Review, 2013
- Chicago Bar Association
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association
- Princeton Club of Chicago