Mr. Kerwin litigates in both federal and state court. He has defended clients in cases involving claims of legal malpractice, breach of contract, negligence, fraud, RICO, the False Claims Act, and antitrust violations. His experience includes all phases of discovery, dispositive briefing, and trial by judge and jury.
- Defended large international law firm against legal malpractice claims involving the firm’s representation of a technology company in an intellectual property dispute.
- Successfully defended government contractor in a three-week federal trial brought by a proposed class alleging that the company’s negligence caused massive flooding in New Orleans in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.
- Defended Fortune 500 technology company sued in federal court by a former corporate business partner for breach of contract, fraud, and RICO violations.
- Defended defense contractor in False Claims Act prosecution brought by U.S. Department of Justice.
- Represented healthcare company in multi-million dollar breach of contract dispute.
- Represented large pharmaceutical company in investigation brought by a federal government agency into allegedly anti-competitive behavior.
- First-chaired criminal jury trial in state court in which pro bono client, facing ten years in prison, was acquitted of all charges.
- B.B.A., University of Notre Dame, Finance, 2004.
Varsity Cross Country, Indoor and Outdoor Track & Field
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2010.
Graduated magna cum laude
Top 3% of Graduating Class
Order of the Coif
Editor, The Georgetown Law Journal
- Admitted to the Illinois Bar, 2010; District of Columbia Bar, 2011.
- Associate with Jones Day, Washington, D.C., 2010-2013.
- Law clerk to the Hon. Robert M. Dow, Jr., U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2013-2014.
- Law clerk to the Hon. Joel M. Flaum, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2014-2015.
- Associate with this firm, 2015.
- Admitted to the bar of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- Notre Dame Monogram Club.